Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Trip to the Moon



If I were present during the first screening of the film, I would definitely be amazed and happy. The movie presented a scenario where a fantasy of mine came true. Before watching the movie, I believed having a trip to the moon was only a fantasy but the “Trip to the Moon” helped me shift my mindset. With its very optimistic storyline, it gave me hope that the ideas which I originally saw as impossible and unrealistic can actually happen. 

I was really entertained by the movie. It had a very light and funny mood. From the trip’s plan and development stage, preparation and take off, it had many comical antics. One of the funniest parts for me was when the moon was hit by the rocket-like machine right in the face so the moon showed an expression of discomfort and pain.

The movie had a very humorous approach on travelling to the moon. It didn’t really focus on the scientific part of the lunar trip. With the light-hearted and casual behaviour of the travelling men, it seemed like they were merely going on a vacation in a resort.

The movie also illustrated the creativity and imagination of its makers, during that time, by presenting a scenario with strange life-forms and creatures living in the moon. It left me wondering about the big possibility of the existence of other beings in, not only the moon, but also in the planets and other astronomical figures.

Jay Anne Bacayo
2013-44153

No comments:

Post a Comment